The Nintendo NX is supposed to be launching early 2017 but have no idea what the thing even is. With the demand for information on the NX, people want information about it and a lot came out over the past few months.
Recently, a new rumor released and it can be found on Reddit. The poster of this rumor states that they will continue to update the thread as they get more confirmation on the other sources they found/talked with.
- “Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
- Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
- Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
- Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
- Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
- The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
- The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
- Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
- The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging.
- The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
- The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U’s blue and black).
- The packaging still says “NX” however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
- The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
- Games will be on cartridges – Information from another source leads us to believe that these will be about the size of a Compact Flash cards and will be in 32GB and 64GB variants. Even though this may seem low, the system reportedly contains a dedicated processor just for decompressing the card data. Best case scenario is ~100GB compressed into a 64GB cartridge, however real world usage pegs it at closer to ~85GB on a 64GB cartridge. Level based games and games with load screens will compress better than open-world style games.
- 4k streaming has been mentioned. – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
- 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
This is NOT confirmation for future announcements, events, or features for the Nintendo NX. The information present here could not be true, due to the nature of rumors. However we felt confident that this COULD happen. Which is why we published this story. But please do not take this rumor as fact or official until Nintendo officially comments on the NX in the future.