Skylanders Imaginators released most recently and people have been releasing reviews on the title. Below will be around up of reviews found online. These reviews and quotes were found by Tizoc on NeoGaf.
IGN Review 6.8/10
On the whole, Skylanders Imaginators is one of the weaker games in the series. It does have a creative element that delighted my inner child with the ability to build and carry around my own crazy character going for it, and world looks and sounds great. But I was let down by the level design and plot, and soured by the aggressive microtransaction prompts.
- Excellent design-your-own Skylander features
- Superb 3D Platformer meets Action-RPG gameplay
- Huge range of activities to get stuck into
- Brilliant level design
- Racing pulled wholesale from Superchargers
- It’s still going to hurt your wallet
Prepare to dig deep into your wallets, then, but be assured that Imaginators will makes the investment worth your while. Not only is making your own Skylanders a lot of fun, but playing with them and upgrading them makes for one of the most addictive family games around. Just when you might have expected the original Toys-to-Life franchise to be running out of steam, Activision has brought it back, revitalised and exciting. Imaginators might just be the best Skylanders yet.
- Fun, engaging level of character customisation
- Solid introduction of RPG-like elements
- Fun–if standard–action platforming
- You can’t use gear on Skylanders
- Pretty basic action platforming