This title was announced before E3 from Koei-Tecmo & Omega Force, with it being a Musou-styled game based on the iconic Berserk IP. NeoGaf Member raven777 made a long list of bullet points from Gematsu’s coverage on the game.
- The game takes place from golden age upto black swordsman
- Some scenes from 1997 anime and movie are used, as well as brand new stuff for the game. There will be a lot of scenes.
- The game is not directly tied with the newly airing Berserk anime. The game is made so even people who are not familiar with Berserk can enjoy
- There are huge boss battles, 1v1 against boss, fighting against small enemies and boss popping up during the battle
- Lots of boss characters in the game, like zodd and bull/ox monsters
- Guts’ fighting style changes as the story progresses in the manga, and the game will reflect that in the gameplay
- As with other Musou games, Guts is not the only playble character.
- The game’s visual style will be similar to the poster
- The core target audience for the game is the fans of the original manga. But newcomers will also be able to enjoy the game.
- Japan and West have different restrictions for gore/erotic. Japan is more strict on gore stuff, while West is more strict on erotic stuff. So they want to get the balance right while staying true to the original.
- They will release a video featuring Guts soon.