Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is releasing on both the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch. Finally coming out on March 3rd, many wonder how the game will look on both systems. GameXplain made the above comparison video and it looks like the Switch version has better image quality and lighting but both look equal in terms of assets/textures.
- Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
- The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
- Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
- A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.
With all this information in mind, will you be getting Breath of the Wild on the Wii U or Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below!