This action platformer from the studio Glovebox Games has been releasing updates on Twitter for the past few months but now, the game officially hits Kickstarter. It is currently confirmed to be releasing on PC and the studio is open to other platforms once the project gets further in development.
Beard Blade is an action-packed 2D platformer for PC inspired by 16-bit legends! Play as the gallant Branson a.k.a. “Beard Blade” as he strives to reclaim the town’s stolen goods and uncover the truth behind a dark secret. His weapon of choice? An enchanted beard teeming with powerful magic that allows him to shape-shift his stubble to overcome hairy situations. The enemies are tough, but so is your scruff!
What can you expect from Beard Blade?
- Attack, travel and solve puzzles using the powers of your beard
- Visit the barber to style your beard and change-up your moves
- Explore colorful worlds and meet a cast of humorous characters
- Master skills like timed-hits to defeat foes and reach hidden areas
- Carefully comb through every level to find all hidden treasures
- Meet the village folk and take on small side-quests
- More eye-roll inducing hair puns
The core gameplay of this title is mainly an action platformer but you use hour beard for many different abilities. They include attacking foes, slinging yourself from grapple points, and even hovering in the air. This is very inventive and the great pixel artwork at play here looks fantastic.