Major Edit: Bandai Namco Games released another press release to Gematsu stating that Next Order will NOT be releasing on the PS Vita platform. You can find more information here.
After the original announcement of this new Digimon adventure for the PS4 was made earlier today from Bandai-Namco Games, many wondered why there was no Vita release, considering the original version of this title came out in Japan.
But it was apparently a PR mix-up; the game is officially confirmed from Bandai-Namco that it will release on the PS Vita platform.
Bandai Namco will bring Digimon World: Next Order to North America and Europe for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in early 2017, the publisher announced. In both North America and Europe, it will be released physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita.
Press Release from Bandai-Namco Games
Digimon World: Next Order begins when players are sucked into the Digital World to discover it is under siege by Machinedramons. Rescued by two Digimon from impending doom, players must forge forward with their Digimon partners and journey through the Digital World to discover the origins of the Machinedramon scourge and find a way back to the real world. Along the way, players will nurture and train their Digimon partners for battle as they progress through the game. Digimon World: Next Order contains over 200 Digimon for players to meet, recruit, and interact with throughout their adventure. Digimon World: Next Order will also give players the choice of playing as either a male or female protagonist and enable players to explore the Digital World with two Digimon partners for the first time in franchise history. The key to finding a way back to the real world and stopping the Digital World from total destruction at the hands of Machinedramons will lie in building strong bonds and providing effective training for each Digimon
- Developer: B.B. Studio
- Players: 1
- Ratings: RP (Rating Pending)
- Voice-Overs Japanese and English
- North America: English, French, and Spanish
- Europe: English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
The Digimon World series returns to the West with Digimon World: Next Order! An all-new adventure & story awaits! The Digital World is in despair. Machinedramons are running rampant and causing utter chaos… the Digital World needs your help! Explore and traverse the Digital World to solve a digi-mystery. Recruit faithful Digimon companions and meet friends along the way to help you on this epic journey. The Digital World is waiting for you… Or are you waiting for the Digital World?
- Over 200 Digimon from the animated series!
- Choose between a male or female protagonist
- For the first time ever in the series, explore the Digital World with not one, but TWO Digimon partners!
- Your success in battles & the growth of your partners is totally dependent on you: Raise, train, feed, discipline, etc. in real-time to form strong bonds with your Digimon companions. Every interaction & activity matters!
- Evolved AI Battle System: Strong bonds with your partners is key – train your Digimon to excel in AI battles on their own. Cooperation & synchronization between your partners and their feelings will increase your chances of winning. Shout commands and cheer them to victory!
- Recruit and integrate new Digimon into the village to expand & evolve it