Sonic Mania got a lot of information released the other day during a special live stream on Twitch and the following was announced.
- There will be a series of “new items” (presumably story related) in Sonic Mania, which will be revealed at a later date.
- There will be more re-imagined past stages in the game than original stages, however it is highly emphasized that the old stages are going to be very different from their original counterparts.
- We will see classic levels return from Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, and CD.
- When asked if there will be a demo yet, we are told there currently are not any plans for one.
- Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are currently the only playable characters confirmed for the game.
The most interesting bit of information was that Izuka stated that the game will be releasing Winter 2017. This means the game will be coming out next Fall. While the wait is long, its nice to see so much get announced for Mania and that the game is getting the time it needs for polish & care.
Source: Soah City